Sunday 18 September 2011

Wildflowers EOTD

Once upon a time, I participated in a makeup swap with an American friend and collected this little colourful palette from LA Colors. This particular one is 'Wildflowers'. La Colors palettes are really cheap in America: this one retailed around $2 dollars if my memory serves me right. Whilst I was tidying, I found it again, waiting for me to show it some love for the first time.


001-la-colors-wildflower-palette


As you can see the colours are nicely pigmented. Its main flaw jumps from the page: It's way too shimmery. The lilac/purple is much more pigmented in real life and I hope you will excuse these hasty swatches. I managed to damage the purple just after taking the photos. Be warned: these shadows are very fragile.



002-la-colors-wildflower-palette


My look today uses all the colours from the palette apart from the coral colour in the middle. In addition, I added Vanilla Mac eyeshadow, a welcome matte highlight in this disco ball look and a bit of Nyx Black to add a bit more depth to the crease.


003-la-colors-wildflower-palette
004-la-colors-wildflower-palette


007-la-colors-wildflower-palette
 


All in all, I really like the look but I can't help but distracted by the overpowering shimmer. What a shame, what a lovely colour assortment. Back to the drawers it goes then...


005-la-colors-wildflower-palette

006-la-colors-wildflower-palette


008-la-colors-wildflower-palette




Anything I should own from La Colors?





13 comments:

beautyWowza said...

Gorgeous! I love how you've done your eyes!! :)

Unknown said...

I don't know why you think you can't wear shimmer all over your lid, I think it looks lovely *nod*
Hx

Jane said...

The shimmer really does suit you all over the lid!
I love the little pout you do on all your looks!

xox

Unknown said...

Liloo, Those colours are pretty and look great on you :)

Karen

Powdered Almond said...

I think it looks fantastic, you really are awesome at creating these eye looks. I'd probably never be brave enough to wear this, but I would certainly admire it! xx

Jamilla Camel said...

I love the shimmery flower look!

MissMathful said...

ive never even heard of this company but you look amazing, you have the best blending skills :D

www.missmathful.blogspot.com

Paola said...

Ohhhhhhhh I love this colours! Yeah, I do agree they're a tad too shimmery, but the colours are nice, and I always adore how you put them together and blend them... totally going in my "to copy" list!!! xx

Anonymous said...

I think the shimmer looks absolutely fine, and I loooove this look.

I get mega baby hair too :P

Cydonian said...

I think it looks great on you! I love the crease colour.

30SomethingMel said...

Shimmery or not, you still make them work and look amazing! If you ever able to bottle 'talent' can you sell me some!!!? Mel xxxx

nihrida said...

=D You're awesome. I don't know why, but I got the strong feeling of humor in your writing. Glad that I found your blog. The makeup you did is incredible and I admire you for having the will and nerves to do make up on both eyes. I just do it on one... I'm lazy like that. =D

SilhouetteScreams said...

I really like the shimmer on you, you silly rabbit! :) And I always love the way you deepen the crease.

Leave a comment ...