Wednesday 13 June 2012

Accessorizing my dreams {notd}

Life is too short to apply 4 coats of nail polish to hide the white bit of your nail and achieve opacity so I took a shortcut and chose to apply Accessorize 'Dream' over a coat of an ordinary blue nail polish. The result is quite simply stunning despite a not so dreamy application and finish: I found the formula to be a bit lumpy, and the finish a bit gritty, even after a top coat but Dream is so much richer than your traditional blue glitter polish - say your barry m blue glitter polish - and that makes it so much worth it.


01-accessorize-dream-3d-nail-polish-swatch-review

03-accessorize-dream-3d-nail-polish-swatch-review


02-accessorize-dream-3d-nail-polish-swatch-review

04-accessorize-dream-3d-nail-polish-swatch-review



It's all about managing your expectations and as a blogger, I need to advise you: Treat ‘Dream’ more like a top coat rather than a traditional nail polish, expect a lengthy nail polish removal time (all glitter nails polishes are a pain like that really) a tip wear after 2 days and you will enjoy this Dream as much as I did. Smile



05-accessorize-dream-3d-nail-polish-swatch-review



what: Accessorize Nail Polish 3D Glitter in shade 'dream'
how much: £4
where: selected Superdrug nationwide and Accessorize shops
disclaimer: this was a gift from my colleague to me, woop :)

15 comments:

claire said...

Thats a real holiday shade. Good tip about layering too, a must with glitter top coats

Anitacska said...

Gorgeous!

Perdita Tinsel said...

Lovely. I usually use LA COLORS glitters but this looks like a contender.

char said...

Oh i really like the colour of this - I have noticed accessorize nail polishes but have never thought to try any.

Robyn said...

Oooh, that's nice. I really like blue polishes but I don't have that many! I keep looking at this and the purple one as well!

Strawberry Blonde Beauty said...

Lovely finish Liloo & great pics!
Nic x

Sparklz and Shine said...

Oh I really do like the look of that - not many places round here seem to stock Accessorize though. :(

jaljen said...

You always get there just before me! Did you pick up Magic too?

You are so right about Dream. Layer it.

LauraEve said...

Very pretty. I've only got 2 of their polishes but I love them. Think some are on offer at the moment too for £1.95 at Superdrug. I picked up Utah- a rather 'grungey' shade but I'm chuffed with it!

Sara said...

So pretty! I have tried an Accessorize glitter polish that's copper and sparkly and loved it! If only glitter was easier to remove...
S xx
www.belfastbeautylove.blogspot.com

Powdered Almond said...

Lovely pics Liloo, the polish looks gorgeous (good idea to show us how dense it is on it's own). I'm actually not that keen on bright/royal blues but this looks awesome on you. xx

Just me, Leah said...

It's lovely! Can I ask how you do your clean up? There's not a bit of nail polish out of place and I notice you use the gap method. I've yet to find a brush or other implement that does a decent job of clean up xoxo

liloo said...

thank you very much everyone :) xx
leah: i very rarely need to clean up, this is because like you noticed i use the gap method. when i clean up i use a concealer brush from qvs (bought at asda i think): basically the only brush i have in the house which is too crap for anything else. I hate that brush so much but it does the job for mini clean up when required haha xx

Fum said...

Pretty colour, I love glitter polishes (apart from the removal part). The accessorize polishes I love are the two tone ones (forget what they are called). Will have to check out the 3d glitter polishes next time I'm in Superdrug :-)

Ellie M said...

OOh that is gorgeous!!! Well worth the effort, it's amazing xx

Leave a comment ...