Sunday 25 November 2012

Nudey Dudeys



It's been so long since I've blogged that I feel I have forgotten how to do it. To ease myself gently back into it, I wanted to share with you my impressions on the second half of the neons and nudes set from Nails Inc. After being very disappointed with the opacity of the neon side, playing with the nudes was a walk in the park. Just two coats and the white line of my nail was appropriately hidden.


001-nails-inc-neon-nude-porchester-cadogan-square-review-swatch

I hope you will excuse again the 'lazy' manicure. These bottles are so small (only 4ml of product in each of them) and you really feel the big dent in the bottle after 2 coats on each finger. Porchester is such a lovely colour. It was love first sight. If I listened to my heart, I'd go buy a full size bottle right now. I feel it compliments my skin tone quite nicely. I didn't get along with Cadogan Square at all. I can't put my finger in it, it just clashes with my skin tone. It feels a bit like trying to pull off a shade of blonde hair on someone designed to be a brunette.


004-nails-inc-neon-nude-porchester-cadogan-square-review-swatch



No seche vite was used in this manicure. Holding a normal size bottle of nail polish made the photograph taking easier Winking smile


003-nails-inc-neon-nude-porchester-cadogan-square-review-swatch

002-nails-inc-neon-nude-porchester-cadogan-square-review-swatch

The little cherry on the top in this set was the timeless classic Jermyn Street and it made me fall in love with it all over again. I could have sworn to have blogged about it before but a quick search on my blog made me realise that I was wrong.


Jermyn street is quite simply the best brown nail polishes out there. Some of you will call it taupe but to be honest, I don’t know much about colours to distinguish between taupe, brown, mushroom and all that. Since jermyn street, I have not touched at my Barry M mushroom which I find quite bland in comparison. Jermyn has just the perfect dosage of purple in there and I don’t think I could ever get bored of this colour. I would totally recommend it!

  
002-jermyn-street-nails-inc-review-swatch


003-jermyn-street-nails-inc-review-swatch

001-jermyn-street-nails-inc-review-swatch

  
It’s time of the week again when I have a blogging date with Becky. Hop over to my friend Becky aka sirvinya and check out her post of the day Smile

5 comments:

Becky said...

I have bare nails right now and I'm pretty sure I've got a bottle of Jermyn Street around here somewhere...

Unknown said...

Ooh. Jermyn street is gorgeous <3 That's on the wishlist! I have Porchester square and I love it. It has a sticker on it that says "hero shade" and it really is. With Ciate Bon Bon, it's one of my favourite nudes!

Lizzums x
http://benebelle.com

Nic, Strawberry Blonde said...

Totally agree with you on Cadogan Square... I actually think it looks quite nice against your skin tone, but it really didn't work on my pale hands. Neither did Porchester Square tbh.

Jermyn St is also one of my all time faves - utterly adore it and agree it's incredibly flattering & sophisticated but just so wearable!

Lovely pics as always lovely Lilooooo xxx

Maid in Ireland said...

I like Porchester Square, lovely colour :)

S said...

Jermyn Street is fabulous, it's really one of the nicest of those shades! I hate how small the mini bottles are :(

Leave a comment ...