I could not put my finger on what/who triggered this but, since last week end, I suddenly got interested to do something with my nails. I am fortunate to have strong-ish nails, which grow reasonably fast, with decent white tips (*sigh*, I would have much preferred to have naturally white teeth instead!) but I have been quite shy about applying nail polish.
So basically I want to learn as much as I can. This is where you come in ;) I would like to trade 3 brand new (never been opened) nail polishes against a bit of your expertise on the realm of nails. Here is what you could win:
From left to right: Nyx Cosmetics, Midnight Dream, which is a shimmery dark purple.
Elite, Luxe Laque in Red, orange based red.
Nyx Cosmetics, Roasted, which is a shimmery golden rusty orangey red. You don’t really see the shimmer on the photo. It reminds me of a shimmery tabasco sauce
I don’t know which finishes they are but the look very pwetty ^_^
I have taken some close-ups below.
What to do: leave a comment on this blog, on any tips you would like to give me about nails (fave polishes, varnish application, cuticle stuff, anything… I am a total beginner, so please don’t feel you might be patronising or give ‘obvious tips’ that everyone knows about. (For example: I only learnt the other day the trick of putting your soft eyepencil in the freezer so that it doesn’t always break when you tried to sharpen it)
If you are stuck for inspiration, I have written below a tiny little paragraph of things you might want to talk about.
Rules: You just need to a subscriber/follower of my blog.
Giveaway starts Sunday 14 March 2010 and ends on Sunday 21 March 2010 Open Internationally.
What to win: I will send the lucky winner the 3 nail polishes.
You don’t need to have to write loads, the winner will be chosen at random but if you want to brag about your knowledge of nails, now this is your chance. I am a total beginner, so please don’t feel you might be patronising or give ‘obvious tips’ that everyone knows about. If you want to advertise your own blog and other blogs, websites, YouTube videos, that’s also totally fine by me. Spam away haha.
Below some suggestions you could comment on. Please don’t let the following list put you off, these are just questions I am asking myself, and areas I would like to improve on. If you by any chance, written an article or blog post about any of the points below, please feel free to include your link :)
Brace yourselves people, here comes the mighty list of inspiration o_0
Shopping & Inspiration
- When buying nail polishes online, where do you shop?
- Have you ever bought nail polishes on eBay, any sellers would you like to recommend?
- When buying a nail polish in a normal shop (i.e not online) how do you know it’s not going to be streaky or take 4 coats to have something decent showing?
- If you had to list your favourite ‘nail resource of information/inspirations’ website or blogs, what would say?
- Do you know any polishes at all which only need one coat, or do you apply multiple coats anyway?
- What are your favourite nail polish brands and why?
- Which nail polish brands you really can’t stand and why?
- What are your 5 ultimate nail polish colours?
- What cuticle product do you swear by?
Application, Maintenance etc. - Thinking back on what you used to used to do when you started painted your nails, what did you think you were doing wrong?
- What were the typical mistakes you were doing before?
- Do you always use a base coat and an overcoat at the end? Wouldn’t the nail feel heavy after all that?
- Do cuticles *need* to be cut, or can I just moisturise them a bit & use a wooden cuticle pusher to push them a bit?
- Is it normal that it hurts when you have your cuticles cut by the beautician, or are they not doing their job properly?
- Is the secret to beautiful looking nails not to apply it too close to the cuticles?
- What is the longevity of a bottle of nail polish after you’ve opened it? Are you not scared when you buy a nail polish, someone has opened it before therefore altering its freshness?
- Do expensive polishes become goopy & thick too?
Thank you very much for reading. There are no minimum number of participants for the giveaway to run. Even if there is only one person who comments, then I will send the very kind soul the 3 polishes.
with makeup and blogging about it. More about me here.
Follow this blog
|Google Friend Connect|
|Subscribe via RSS|
|Subscribe by email|
|Follow with BlogLovin|
|Follow with HelloCotton|
Powered by Blogger.