Wednesday 1 June 2011

A little insight into my life… de A a Z

I don't usually like to write about myself. Isn't that what you're doing in your *god knows how many tweets a day* anyway? I hear you say. True. I also feel my blogposts include enough personal junk and I wouldn't want to add to the bore.


In my small life as a blogger, I've been invited three times to give more facts about myself: The lovely Briony Lou, Carla and Laura (Lil Fairy Doll)  have all tagged me and wanted to know more about me.


Today, I would like to beat the bull, the bullet and the horn while the iron is hot and just do it. Here's a little insight into my life, from A to Z…


6056969

a AGE:
I'd rather tell you when was the last time I had some action on the sofa/bed rather than telling you my age. I don't do age and I don't celebrate birthdays either. The biggest favour people can do to me is to forget my birthday altogether and I'll love you back :) The look of the cars on the photo above will probably give you an indication of my age ^_^

b BED SIZE: 140x200 cm ha! aka a standard double bed with plenty of pillows.
c CHORE YOU HATE: Changing the duvet cover
d DAY: Wednesday
e ESSENTIAL START TO YOUR DAY:
My mini bath of the morning. I don't like showers but I love mini baths
f FAVOURITE COLOUR: I have so many. Favourite colour to wear would be black (not in honour of the Rebecca afore mentioned. A bright fuchsia, lime green would perk me up, I am addicted to orange and purple eyeshadows too.
g GOLD OR SILVER: Gold, gold and definitely gold. I love golden toes, they go with anything and makes me feel like Cleopatra
h HEIGHT: I am very small. I am 158 cm (or 5.2 and a half for all you with the non metric system users
i INSTRUMENTS: Other than blowing my own trumpet at times at times, I play no instrument. I would have loved to play drums though.
j JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant. Think typical secretary complete with the nail file, the photocopying machine, the tea/coffee round, the fit or not delivering stationery but without the typical secretary attire and makeup: I would mostly be in tracksuit or combat, whatever fits the bum.

k KIDS: Not in a millions years. I'd rather have a cat if I am bored one day
l LIVE: I live in the north west of England, about 1 hour away from Manchester. I spent most of my life in Réunion (next to Mauritius) which explains my frequent moans about the British weather
m MOM’S NAME: She's referred to as 'mother'. We are not very close and don't like each other. I try to keep in touch 3 or 4 times a year.
n NICKNAMES: Frenchie, French fancy, trouble, pain in the bum, lozza,and @tsunimee of course
o OVERNIGHT HOSPITAL STAYS: None thankfully. Well .. if you don't include that one time when I was a bit drunk. Tequila, never again.
p PET PEEVE: I have millions of pet peeves. The first one which will SPRING to mind, is air conditioning in shops and in trains, when the weather doesn't warrant for it and when I still think it's too cold for it. It is always too cold :)
q QUOTE(S) FROM A MOVIE:

"What we do (...) does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling" Maid in Manhattan, 2002

'Sorry' does not put Humpty Dumpty back together again’ (I think it's from Collateral, film with Tom Cruise)

It's over! This this this twisted, toxic thing between us is finally finished. I'm miraculously done being in love with you. Huh! I've got a life to start living and you're not going to be in it! <-- Can you guess which film it is from?

r RIGHT OR LEFT HANDED: I am naturally left handed but they forced me to write with the right hand at school. So apart from writing, using a pair of scissors and using a computer, I would use the left hand for everything. It's not easy at times to live in a right handed ruled world. The kettle and the way the iron table are positioned in a shared building would be my most common pet peeves (told you I had many of those)

s SIBLINGS: What is this? Family time or something? I have one brother. We don't get on. Probably last time I talked to him was 6 years ago, if that. I don’t “do” family.
t TIME YOU WAKE UP: Too late that's for sure. I need to be at work for 9 everyday. Saturday is bliss and I am never up before noon. I am not a morning person to say the least.
u UNDERWEAR: You perv! Are you sure you really want to know? I got a preference for black underwear. Cannot bear visible panty line. I hate normal knickers and when the way the fabric goes and dislodged itself within minutes in between my bum cheeks. This is why I have been wearing g strings for as long as I can remember

v VEGETABLES YOU DISLIKE: celery, celery and celery.
w WHAT MAKES YOU RUN LATE?: I don't understand that question. Twitter on my phone is the number one distraction in the morning which would make run late for work? (is that what was the question asked)
x X-RAYS YOU’VE HAD: I had a x ray once. My hips. One is higher than other. Not a big deal. I sometimes suffer from bad back. Would you believe I was prescribed to wear heels to balance that problem. I don't mind that :)
y YUMMY FOOD YOU MAKE: I am ashamed to say that I can't cook to save my life. I don't even enjoy my own cup of coffee. I do make a good cheese on toast.
z ZOO: Would you believe I've never been to the zoo. I’ve clearly missed out on life.


Sources: Like this funky alphabet?
The artist who came up with this genius light lettering is called David Airey:


I would like to tag all of you my dear readers. If you wish to do it, send me a link to your post so I don't miss it. I've uploaded a blank version of this tag here for your convenience :)
Thank you for reading. Have you guessed the origin of the third quote? It's also a movie ...

15 comments:

Leanne OCD said...

What a great post Liloo ;o) x

Flossy said...

Wow, I love it Liloo, am glad I'm not the only one who dosen't want kids! :o). I am going to do mine very soon.

jaljen said...

The light display is indeed glorious.
I'm delighted there's someone honest enough in this world not to claim to be love their family.
It's great if you do but it's not compulsory or sometimes even possible. My father was a nasty, nasty man. I hated him. People look down on me terribly for saying so though...Good for you, 'tite liloo.

Steph said...

Another brilliantly honest and funny post! I demand however that you go to a zoo at least once. x

Anonymous said...

Interesting! :D I'm going to do it too :D

Oh... I didn't send my comment. I switched tab to link you but I'd not sent my original comment. Lol!

Here is mine :D

~talei

The Student's Guide To Nail Polish said...

Great post! Very honest and interesting. Good to know more about you xx

Lori said...

haha no way, in school I was made to use my right hand too but I have rebelled and now use the correct hand (left) the bf always looks at me weird when I use my fork and knife in the restaurants and I bump his elbows lol x

Emma Cossey said...

Celery is the devil's work, totally agree. Also agree on the mini bath, much nicer than a boring shower!

ihavemostlybeen said...

Hilarious, thanks for sharing! And by the way, if you are an hour over 23 you really really dont look it. x

Alice at SuperGorgeous said...

Hehe what a great post, I giggled lots while reading it! x

Miss Diamond Pearl said...

Love it! Does this mean I'm tagged? LOL!
And does it have to be the same Q's? ;)
Especially liked the way your first 3 answers were about bed! :P Silly moo! :)
xxx

Anonymous said...

That was funny and I bet it was good fun to write!

Antoine (My alter ego)

Sharmin said...

Wow that was intesting lol... You should do more posts like this lol!

Carlito86 said...

LOVE this post and love the lettering too.

<3 YOU Liloo! xxx

Sarah Ali / Glossicious said...

Love the post liloo. You are so funny , sarcastic and intellegent .x

Leave a comment ...