Thursday 11 August 2011

Sunny Days Nails: The good, the bad and the laborious


Do you sometimes buy a makeup product despite a big warning issued about it? When I read Lydia's adventures (from Lyd's Blonde Thoughts) with Sunny Days from Accessorize Nail Polish, I didn't want to believe in the problems she had with the application. I was convinced that I would not have the same experience, as I was lured by the perfect dreamy shade of yellow offered by Sunny Days.


It is indeed perfect. Such a soft shade of yellow, which reminds me of a Easter chick. The colour is too irresistible, and is even more gorgeous than BeautyUK Yellow Peril, my favourite yellow polish to date. If I was asked to draw a shade of yellow, this is how I would picture yellow in my head, perfect mix of yellow and orange, soft, in between pastel and bright, absolutely gorgeous.



02-accessorize-nail-polish-sunny-yellow


This is where the dream ends and the harsh reality kicks in. Do not be fooled by the pretty colour. I hate to be so brusque but the application was, in a search for a better word, absolutely shambolic: it's streaky, lumpy, bumpy, gappy, patchy, sticky. The soft focus of my kind camera makes it look better than what it is but believe me, in real life, you'd wonder if that was the first time I was attempting to polish my nails. Let’s have a look at the first coat, shall we? I kid you not, I was totally sober when I applied the polish.



01-accessorize-nail-polish-sunny-yellow


Lumps, bumps, streaks and patchiness eventually even themselves after the third coat but, what a palaver. Do I regret having buying this polish? Heck no. I couldn’t help myself looking at my nails when I wore this polish. If it hadn’t been any other shade, I would have probably chucked it in the bin with frustration, but this colour looks so gorgeous on my nails, that I honestly can’t wait to wear it again.

Maybe this is how Cheryl Cole felt when she welcomed back her cheating husband in her life?



03-accessorize-nail-polish-sunny-yellow


04-accessorize-nail-polish-sunny-yellow



I can’t feel 100% confident when wearing Sunny Days, I’d hate if someone would look too closely at my nails and go ‘and you call yourself a nail blogger’, it is now in my top 5 most laborious nail polishes to apply, but boy, the colour has me totally in love and I hate myself for it.  



05-accessorize-nail-polish-sunny-yellow


The search for an exact dupe (minus the application woes) has started.


I nearly forgot. Click HERE if you want see it ‘quaked’ with the most
gorgeous purple crackle polish ever made.

11 comments:

femketje said...

great colour :D

Jess | The Indigo Hours said...

Oh what a shame, it's such a gorgeous colour as well! I don't know whether to get this now, how frustrating!

xo

MissMathful said...

im really not a fan of yellow on my nails, im super pale and it really doesnt suit me...

www.missmathful.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I'm always a wee bit scared of yellow polish, but this looks really lovely. Honestly from the photos you can't tell you had trouble with the application. Would look great with an orange crackle over the top...
Hx

Unknown said...

Wow... mine isn't like that at all! When I swatched it I only used one coat and it was fine. Maybe it applied better over false nails ha!

Lydia said...

Oh such a shame! When I started reading I really hoped you had proved me wrong, but alas no! Perhaps we should run to Jo's house and take her one. It is a lovely colour though xx

ditzymakeup said...

Beautiful colourrr!!!

Jules said...

The color is truly warm and sunny, but I hate nail polishes that apply with lumps and streaks, no mater how beautiful is the color. I have a nice pale yellow polish from Essence, but still, this color is prettier!

Daniella said...

I adore the colour but I can't stand a polish that takes too much effort to apply!

Big Fashionista said...

Colour is gorgeous. Shame about the application :-(

liloo said...

Testing this stupid thing.

Leave a comment ...