Saturday 12 March 2011

Let the nail see the polish … Péril Jaune Manicure

.
.


It's Saturday evening and I like to indulge shamelessly in 2 little guilty pleasures: painting my nails and watching the show 'Take me Out'. For non UK residents, Take me out is a dating show, like a modern version of 'Blind Date' but with a twist. Each week, four brave bachelor men take their turn and try to bag themselves a date amongst 30 single women. Charismatic Presenter Paddy MacGuinness comes out every week with cheeky banter and very cheesy lines: As he introduces each bachelor to the panel of women, he says: ‘'Let the butter, see the crumpet', or, 'Let the tomato, see the sauce'. The title of this post tries to mimick his style.


Today, the weather is a bit miserable: it's been dark all day, it's cold and it's been raining pretty much non stop. Perfect time to show the weather your middle finger and your 9 others painted with a bright bright shade of yellow. This shade is called 'Yellow Peril' (BeautyUK) and costs £1.99.



SAM_4934



I was very impressed with the coverage and achieved total opacity with 2 coats. I love the colour. I don't see myself wearing it for work (although my colleagues loved my lime green from 2true) but I can see myself wearing this on a week end to brighten up a dull outfit.



SAM_4922

SAM_4919



Too yellow for you? I've paired it with Barry M paint effects and the result is quite stunning, click here if you want to see it.



SAM_4935


Predictable but I can't help asking you: likey or no likey?

7 comments:

femketje said...

wow! great summer colour :D

The Student's Guide To Nail Polish said...

I'll have to check this one out, looks good!

Elizabeth said...

Woahhh... i'm probably not brave enough, maybe if i got a tan first! x

hidden-freckles said...

Woahhh... i'm probably not brave enough, maybe if i got a tan first! x

PurpleRamblings said...

OMG!! I LOVE THIS COLOUR!!! Can you only get it on the website??

Unknown said...

I'm wearing yellow this week too! Although mine is slightly paler than that, more lemon :-) Love it though! Sam

Carly said...

:o so bright!
lovely summer colour :D

Leave a comment ...