Sunday 11 September 2011

Rimmel Kate Lipsticks – lipswatched


How do you passionately write about something you're not passionate about. You don't! I wouldn't blame you if you decided to skip straight to the swatches. Instead of just modelling for Rimmel Makeup, this time round, Kate Moss took the designing seat and created 7 shades of lipsticks. I wouldn't describe myself a lipstick kind of person but there has been so much hype about the Kate Moss range that I've been dying to see the lipsticks in the flesh and have a little play with the testers from the shop.



Picture 1360


Isn't one of the perks of the job to be able to invent names for your creations? I can't hide the fact that I am disappointed that the shades only have numbers. Why didn't they give Kate one more zero to her pay cheque and give her more 'inspiration' to come up with names. Never mind. The shades which interested me the most were the 2 nudes (shades 3 and 8) and the goth purple (shade 4)




009


You can't really form an opinion of a lipstick before it's applied on your lips, right? Still from testers (I would not recommend anyone to do this) I went ahead and tried 4 lipsticks on my lips. First impression was the lovely fruity scent. The scent is quite strong, I love fruity smells but it might not be to the taste of everyone. Please make sure to have a good sniff and a hand swatch at least.

First lipstick I tried was the shade no.3 nude. I didn't notice much colour to be honest on my lips so I didn't bother taking a photo.

This is shade 8. The shade is much more my type of lipstick but it doesn't scream 'buy me, buy me' at all costs.



010

011



Shade 4 (goth purple) surprised me. I quite liked the dark colour on my lips. I think this would be a perfect shade for Halloween but I found the application to be a bit patchy. I can't help but starting to worry instantly about the lasting power and the upkeep of this lipstick, having had a bad experience with Barry M black lipstick. All that this lipstick is doing is making me wish that Sleek Makeup did a pout paint in black so that I could have created my own shade and be confident to wear something truly long lasting.



012


013


And last but not least this is shade 2, a lovely bright pink. This is, without a doubt the most flattering colour on my complexion. Application was easier, more satisfying than the nude, and much more creamy than the goth purple. Would I buy this? No. All this is doing is reminding how much I prefer the sleek pout paints in pinkini and rosette.


014

015


These lipsticks are all priced at £5.49 and there couldn't be a better moment to indulge if they take your fancy, as they are included in the 'autumn' 3 for 2 offer at Boots. I can't say anything negative about these lipsticks, the packaging is very cute and the colours are very nice but they don't excite me. I hope you have enjoyed the swatches.

I feel a bit bad, I bet a bloke could write more passionately about these lipsticks than me. On a normal basis, I wouldn’t bother posting at all, but the photographing and swatching was a such an adventure, I didn’t want it to go to waste.

15 comments:

Cat said...

I have to say, I'm quite curious about them. Being in the States, it is iffy as to whether or not I will ever see any of them. I really like number 8, but I have an unfortunate love for nude lipstick.

Powdered Almond said...

I'll be honest, I walked straight past these in boots the other day thinking "meh". But they do look very lovely on you, so perhaps I should go and have a little peep at that number 8. It's very much my every day kind of shade. But the names? You are right to be unimpressed, chick! xx

LauraSummer said...

The purple actually looks quite good on you! I wish they made pout paints in black too, a want to make dark reds, and a yellow would be helpful too x

missy_ellie_uk said...

I love number 2 on you....but I think I would like number 8 on me! p.s. I totally agree about the lack of names, I think brands really miss a trick when they only use numbers, it must be easier to create a buzz around a particular shade when it has a name that people can easily remember.

femketje said...

awesome colours :D

Corrie♥ said...

I've seen these and I like the look of number 3 + 8, all the three you swatched look lovely on you! However they are a bit meh colours, like I have a dozen nudes so do I really need another one?! Though it is nice to have a lipstick collection that has colours for everyone! Thanks for the swatches :) x

MissMathful said...

i like the pink shade, i think i will be having a look next time im in boots :D

www.missmathful.blogspot.com

Fum said...

Nice colours, shade 4 looks good on you (but that's just me I like gothic like lippies).

Unknown said...

Love, love, love! That purple looks so good on you! I want to try number 3 out and number 8 but I don't think I can pull that one off...

Unknown said...

My local Boots only has shades 1, 3 and 5. I've bought 3 and 5, but not overly keen on the colours now I've actually used them. I'll have to mix them with something. They remind me of the Topshop lipsticks. Number 8 looks great on you xx

Unknown said...

love the colours :)

Jessie said...

I had a look at these when I was in Boots the other day but I'm still undecided. Number 4 looks bloody amazing on you, hon! Wish I could pull off vampy lips but that kind of look does nothing for me :/

Talia said...

You look amazing in no 2 the pink one.

Anonymous said...

I love the colours, but I hate it when lipsticks have smells. :(

Georgia said...

I have 2 5 and 12.

I dont mind them. They are cheap. The packaging is boring but not tacky. The shades stain a bit but at least they last haha.

I'm not like blown away but o don't mind them.

Leave a comment ...