Thursday 9 June 2011

Interlude: What I get up to when I'm upset or bored...

There are hundreds of things I need to blog about. I am really behind with my blogging but tonight I am not in  the best of predispositions to blog. My day was ok, nothing bad happened bad at work. I went to my first class of  Zumba tonight, and let's just say that I was left pretty disappointed, with a deflated self confidence. Even  letting it all out on twitter didn't help.

When I feel a bit under the weather, it's actually doing a little  something for someone and hopefully making them smile which brightens my mood. I find that focusing on someone  else, instead of just myself, helps forget my own miseries, a little bit anyway…


bored_cat_3-1280x800


So tonight, even if I have a backlog of emails and hundreds of things to do, I just wanted to play with my paint  shop pro (I can't work with Photoshop to save my life) and do something a little bit creative: a little banner  for my friend Catherine. Her blog is called Perfectly Polished. I think she likes as she has just adopted it :) 


This is the before:


Image22

and this is the after:


Image21 


I am still a bit  mift about the whole zumba trauma and probably won't go to one of these zumba classes in  a hurry but I feel a little chirpier.


While I'm showing off, this a simple banner I did for  LouLou’s Blog. The brief was something simple, which goes with the existing background and with flowers and a bit of pink.



banner 

banner03



and this is a little banner/header I did for Miss Lori.
Again, this nothing special, very simple but different. It matches her love of pink, zebra and features one of my favourite pictures of her. I had so  much fun playing around with her banner.




bitofpink-banner01



I can't imagine why she didn't pick this one, can you? ;) Love you sweetie xx


Image3


Fancy a header for your blog?  I am not the best with taking photos but I can cook up something basic and simple  for you if you don't have a banner/header at all or if you fancy a change. Let me know.

Have you had a good day?

Liloo xx

17 comments:

The Sunday Girl said...

I am most disappointed she didn't run with the latter one I feel it captures lori very well :P haha jokes you've done a great job with them all and sucks that zumba was pants :( xx

Lyuba-chan said...

I think those banners look great! I especially love the first one, but that's because I'm very partial to poppies :) I even picked up some and put them in a book to dry, hope they will keep some color and I can later use them to decorate something :)

If you have time and don't mind, could you take a look at my blog? I actually have 2 blogs, and if I had to pick one it will be Strawberry Kimono one since I don't have a header at all there.

Thank you very much in advance! :) :) :)

Robyn said...

Ha ha, that last banner is great. I probably would have gone with that one :D

liloo said...

@adrienne @robyn haha thank you.
lori actually went for this jokey banner for about 1 hour or 2 hours. I chuckled so hard while I was doing it haha

@Lyuba-chan yeah no problem. I'll have a look at them. Are you sure want to keep the existing layouts / wallpapers?

jaljen said...

I will definitely ask you to be my design czar. And I will totally need a Lori 2.0 style banner.

Unknown said...

What a clever ickle Poppet you are!!!
"Well Done"
♛♥♩♬♪˙˙♛♥♩♬♪˙˙

Anonymous said...

Wow the first one is very pretty and elegant!

Anonymous said...

Clever, I have no idea how to do that at all.. my header at is off blazing fonts, and I like it enough to keep it for now. But I know who to run to should I ever need it ,-)

xx

Unknown said...

Hey gorgeous, I'm sorry you feel a bit low today, virtual hugs to you! I'd love a banner for my blog if you'd like to make one for me? Angie xx

daisychain said...

if you get bored enough, I would gladly accept a new header xo

Shoezanne said...

Those banners are brilliant, I love them all especially the perfectly polished one, it's so pretty. I love your kitty cat too...so cute :)

Unknown said...

Hope you're feeling better soon :) Great headers! xxx

Lori said...

haha I did have that banner for a little while, I love it sooo funny lol, but the proper one is amazing I love it much more, everyone should stop laughing at my pink face :P

xx

Nic, Strawberry Blonde said...

Gorgeous! I esp love the first two. x

Joy said...

Hi The banners look great and I would like you to do one for me please *big puppy dogs eyes*

Lyuba-chan said...

I'm sorry I didn't notice you replied cuz I forgot to subscribe... :( I wouldn't mind changing walpapers, or even layouts although I like things simple, but still easy to see.

Adele said...

Hi, i would love for you to make me a banner if you have any free time. I've been meaning to change mine for ages but i had major problems last time and ended up using polyvore, i'm not tech-minded at all and could do with some help!

Leave a comment ...