Sunday 6 February 2011

After the rain come the frangipani – Makeup Look FOTD

Another week end, another missed opportunity for taking photos for my blog. Hats down to all of you who manage to post regularly quality posts and pictures come rain, snow, shine and busy schedules. I do not have any kids, boyfriends or family to look after but I totally depend on natural daylight to take my photos as I own a very basic camera (and powerful flash) and I live in a flat where natural daylight is limited. Today for example, the artificial light (that lovely light which makes all your photos yellow when you use a basic camera) has been on.


Hey ho, such is life. For you today, just a simple makeup I made as a mock entry for my YouTube BFF (Bird, Fruit, Flower) contest at the moment. I took inspiration from the frangipani flower, otherwise known as 'plumeria'


032

To achieve this look, I used nyx mellow yellow, nyx white, orange from the eBay 120 palette, a generic brown from the gosh smoky brown trio palette. Lashes are my usual eylure naturalites 101. Blush is made from the same orange from the 120 palette. Lips are made from mac Velvet Teddy and orange eyeshadow. Did I say I liked orange eyeshadow? :P

024

023

025


And the flower in the hair comes from accessorize, pretty huh? I love bright colours so much, especially yellow and orange. They keep me sane in this dreary weather.


028



029

If you’re interested, the YouTube makeup contest ends on 16 Feb. More than 50 entries have been received, so the Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows is now definitely on the cards ^_^

10 comments:

Beauty's Bad Habit said...

Beautiful! Frangipani are stunning flowers. Looking forward to seeing who wins!

Unknown said...

That looks absolutely stunning, you have captured the colours from the flower beautifully. Jude xx
@jadlgw on twitter

Robyn said...

Beautiful! I love you went the whole shebang - lips, eyes, hairflower! Suits you, sir!

Unknown said...

lovely!

SilhouetteScreams said...

Holy crap this is stunning! :3 I love the gradient in the crease and shading on the outer lid.

Sparklz and Shine said...

Looking gorgeous lady!
x

Lady Flower said...

Ohh I love this make up.
U look so lovely. Awww...

Follow me if u want:
lady-flower123.blogspot.com
I'm following u now ;)
xoxo ;*

Miss Diamond Pearl said...

Gorgeous! But it comes as no surprise, as you ARE gorgeous! xxx

Joanna Louise said...

Awww sweetie! You pretty little flower! - just gorgeous x

Unknown said...

I love this look, I used this look and i love the colors.

Leave a comment ...