Monday 30 May 2011

Your Pulsating Majesty Nails {notd}

My introduction with Rimmel Polishes didn't start very well. I couldn't handle the 'nail tip' whitener and I  didn't get on well with Beige Babe


001rimmel-yourmajesty-pulsating-nail-polish

However when I first saw a friend of mine wearing Rimmel in Pulsating (619) I just couldn't sit still until I got my hands on it. Pulsating is the most gorgeous pink with a strong blue  iridescence. Just look at it and tell me in the eyes it's not gorgeous. You can't. It's just too beautiful for words. Yes, I am  aware that I already own 2 bright pink with also a strong flashing blue iridescence, Nails Inc Montrose Place,  and NYC Love Me Red Creme but none of the former sport the amazing wide 'Xpress Brush 1 Sec' brush.


I know for fact that this polish will become a little bit thick half way through the bottle: when I first painted  it on my nails, I borrowed my friend's nail polish, it was a little bit thicker than I would have liked. But it's  nowhere near as unusable as Gloope Vite (Seche Vite) or as Collection 2000 hot polishes who separate into oil, even if you  haven't opened the bottle!!


My photos show 2 coats of pulsating. A third coat would have made the tip a little bit more covered but with this  colour (incidentally as with the 2 other pinks I own) I didn't mind a little bit of tip showing. How many times  can you say 'a little bit' in a blog post? Because I think I have broken the record here.


PULSATING WITH FLASH


002rimmel-pulsating-nail-polish

003rimmel-pulsating-nail-polish


I hope you will also excuse the overdose abundance of photos. The colour is so gorgeous that it was impossible to  narrow my selection any further.


NATURAL SUNLIGHT
 
004rimmel-pulsating-nail-polish

 
005rimmel-pulsating-nail-polish

006rimmel-pulsating-nail-polish


I have a few dark metallic / gunmetal grey polishes in my collection but I have never actually purchased a real  silver polish. I am more of a golden girl really. Not that you can't both like silver and gold, but I have always  preferred gold over silver. I find gold to be warmer and more complimentary to my skin tone. Rimmel, Your Majesty  (shade 239) is exactly what you would think of if you imagined a typical silver polish. In fact, they should have  just called it 'Silver' or 'Majestic Silver' as it is so representative of the silver colour, I doubt anyone will  be remembering its fancy name shade. Boring,  moi?


PHOTOS WITH FLASH:


007rimmel-yourmajesty-nail-polish

008rimmel-yourmajesty-nail-polish



Your Majesty didn't have a wide brush but its application was easy. I found the formula to be just perfect and I  was able to apply it very sloppily and still happy with the results. What I was most impressed about was its  drying time. I was scared the polish would be too brushstroky (i.e when you see all the brushstrokes, is the word for that ‘streaky’?) but ‘Her Majesty’ proved me wrong. Is the colour ‘me’ though? I sincerely don’t know. I think I like it under certain lightings. Fans of  silver would love this polish though and at only £2.99, I can't see why you should hold back: Get it!



009rimmel-yourmajesty-nail-polish


010rimmel-yourmajesty-nail-polish

011rimmel-yourmajesty-nail-polish


Overall, I am super delighted about my Rimmel Purchases and would recommend these polishes in a (pulsating) heart  beat.



012rimmel-yourmajesty-pulsating-nail-polish


Names: Rimmel Pulsating 619 (Pink) £3.69 and Rimmel Your Makesty 239 (Silver) £2.99
Where to buy: Most Chemists, including Superdrug and Boots

23 comments:

Leanne Cornelius said...

The pink is gorgeous! Must buy! x

Emma said...

They both look gorgeous. I'm trying to resist Rimmel's temptations now as I'm not convinced about their animal testing policy but you're making it too hard! I already have Your Majesty, it's like my perfect silver. Very tempted by Pulsating though. Arrghhh xxx

Unknown said...

Pulsating is fabulous, just my sort of colour, looks stunning in the sunlight. Jude xx @jadlgw

Unknown said...

I have (and love) Your Majesty and now I need Pulsating too....

The Student's Guide To Nail Polish said...

They're only 2.99? I always thought they were more, for some reason.

Never tried out this brand but your swatches are damn convincing. Everything looks gorgeous on you, though :p I like the look of the silver one but it might be too cool for me?

Unknown said...

I love Pulsating, I haven't seen one like this before, this is going on my wishlist, thank you :-)

Anonymous said...

Pulsating = love! x

Lydia said...

I love the pink. I never look at Rimmel nail polishes, and your pictures have convinced me that I really should.

Paola said...

I'm not that keen on the silver one, but the pink is to die for!!! I should have a look around for it... at least this is a brand I have in the shops too!!

jaljen said...

Lovely pix. These shades really suit you...

Leanne said...

Pulsating looks lovely :) shame that I really HATE Rimmel and avoid buying their products at all costs! x

Miss Diamond Pearl said...

Love love love the silver/gunmetal one! Both lush tho, but need the latter! Solely cause I'm not a pink person! ;) xxx

Emma said...

Okay I'm looking at it again which probably means I've cracked and I'm just going to have to get it. I could make this my last one...? x

Pandora said...

No need to apologise for gratuitous pics of pink nails... I didn't get bored! I'll definitely be picking up a bottle of that one. Have you tried Coralicious? it's my current favourite Rimmel polish.

http://athingforbeauty.blogspot.com

Beauty's Bad Habit said...

I LOOOOOOVE pulsating (how wrong does that sound) haha. Must buy myself a bottle!

Lori said...

your majesty is gorgeous but the other one is even better, I'd definately love some of the pink pulsating

x

Unknown said...

Both are lovely but Your Majesty is definitely going on my "to buy" list - it's such a gorgeous shade!
Rebecca x

parenting articles said...

they look really lovely~

parenting articles

Bettina@BeautySwot said...

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous and fabulous pictures. It is like your hands are leaping out of the screen!

Unknown said...

Omg this is my perfect nail polish, I have worn it forever, and I am devistated, becaue it has been deleated , I cannot find it anywhere Please help me find where I can buy it x

Unknown said...

Omg this is my pèrfect nail polish, I have worn it forever, they have deleatedbit frome all stores, and I just dont know why, and I cannot find out the reason also, so if anyone can find out, please tell me, I will love you forever x


Unknown said...

Omg this is my perfect nail polish, I have worn it forever, and I am devistated, becaue it has been deleated , I cannot find it anywhere Please help me find where I can buy it x

Unknown said...

Omg this is my perfect nail polish, I have worn it forever, and I am devistated, becaue it has been deleated , I cannot find it anywhere Please help me find where I can buy it x

Leave a comment ...