In their wisdom, Boots went all out and redesigned their Botanics skincare range. If you have been to Boots recently, you will have seen colourful additions to the Botanics skincare range, and 5 lines emerging from these colours:
1. The Youth Skincare Range for young skin,
2. The All Bright Skincare Range for brighter looking skin,
3. The Ultra Calm Skincare Range to sooth sensitive skin,
4. The Shine Away Skincare Range to target blemishes and reduce shine,
5. and the Organic Skincare range for customers 'who desire an extra level of proven purity'
It's all well and good but in the process, Boots discontinued my ultimate two favourite cleansers and I can't find the words to describe how upset I am. I've waxed lyrical about both of these (here and here) in 2 separate individual posts, so I'll to keep it straight to the point: these cleansers did everything I asked to and more:
1) the feeling of moisture when I rinse my face off was amazing,
2) the scent of these were just spot on and I could quite frankly never get bored of,
3) the bargain price (ranging from £3.99 to £5.10) made me very happy.
4) I absolutely adored the packaging. Totally up my street. love, love, undiluted love.
I was rarely buying them full price as boots Botanics were very often on offer and I was able to get ample supplies at a discount price. If I had known they had plans to discontinue it, I would have definitely stocked up.
There was hope for the organic one, but Boots added some
If you have been a fan of Botanics skincare range, I would urge you to go to Boots immediately and check if your favourites are still there. I was able to get a last bottle of the 'rice and honey' cleanser, which I now want to keep for special occasions (how sad is that) as it has suddenly increased in value so much in my eyes.
I doubt I will ever find a cleanser which ticked so many boxes for a fiver.
The search has started. *blows snotty nose in a tissue*