Tuesday 15 March 2011

BFF Contest (YouTube makeup contest) WINNERS

.
This is. The moment has come, the wait is over and it’s now time to announce the winners of the BFF contest.


a1


For those of you who are new to following my blog, nearly a month ago, ended a makeup contest I organised on YouTube. The theme was BFF. BFF not as in best friend for ever, but Bird, Fruit, Flower where the idea was to create a makeup look either based from a bird, a fruit, and/or a flower. (you can see my blog post about it here). This was my second makeup contest on YouTube, and there is no way I expected such an amazing  turn out. Contest video reached more than 6000 views (which my absolute record ever) and I received no less than 167 entries for it.



I’ve said it before and I’d like to say it again. There’s nothing like the feeling of having someone creating a makeup look for you, making a video of it and publishing it on YouTube. You feel ever so special. Having entered many makeup contests myself before, I know from first hand experience how much work they involve: the inspiration and creation process as any makeup look would take but the courage to post it on YouTube with fierce competition and critique.


Now for the not so good part of makeup contests. This year, I had the help of my two BFF’s to help me with the judging but it was still a heart wrenching process to have to choose the winners. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.


So without further ado and sincere apologies for the delay, below find the long awaited video of winners of the BFF contest. Contest Winners Video is posted here on YouTube and in much better resolution, but I’ll spare you the adverts: 


Meet my BFF’s :)






I am not going to lie, this video took me a bit of time to do, shall we say, but it was the least I could do to show tribute to everyone. Any makeup looks which caught your attention? Let me know in the comments below xx

3 comments:

socialitedreams said...

such awesome entries, that was one hard contest to judge!

femketje said...

to bad i didn't win but def. congrats to all the winners :D

Unknown said...

I want to thank you beacuse I know the work it takes to edit a video so I am sure this one took you a long looooong time... however I am sure more than one would be proud while watching his/her photo featured .... I saw so many good entries, there is a lot of talent in YT, isn't it? :)

Leave a comment ...